Definition of electro-acoustic in English:
1Involving the direct conversion of electrical into acoustic energy or vice versa.
- Founded in 1945 as a specialist research laboratory, it has grown to become a world leader in the development of electro-acoustic technologies and professional audio products.
- The group have dedicated themselves to electro-acoustic audio installations using analogue synths and a quadraphonic sound system.
- He is working with the kind of refinements in pitching that come most easily to the electro-acoustic composer.
1.1(Of a guitar) having both a pickup and a reverberating hollow body.
- It's a really nice electro-acoustic guitar, with a cut-away body style and a beautiful flamed top finished in a translucent red.
- Yet this Saturday night I had the privilege of being present when Suzie McNeil, backed only by drums, bass violin and a lonely electro-acoustic guitar, gave in to the crowd.
- It is fair to say that the cover is a far cry from the original 80s stadium-rock vibe, as Karen opts to take it low-key, with only a drum machine lurking behind the electro-acoustic guitar.
nounBack to top
Definition of electro-acoustic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia