Definition of electro-optics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of science that deals with the effect of electric fields on light and on the optical properties of substances.
- Israel also wants to increase cooperation with India in other areas, including agricultural biotechnology, lasers and electro-optics and information technology.
- Awarded annually, the Gold Medal of the Society recognizes outstanding engineering or scientific accomplishments in optics, electro-optics, or photographic technologies or applications.
- At 40 Gbps, electronics and electro-optics must work significantly faster than in today's 2.5 - Gbps and 10 - Gbps systems.
- Example sentences
- The electro-optic tracking device, a passive infra-red electro-optic sensor, is mounted on the top of the turret in a spherical housing and is controlled by an operator at a weapon control terminal.
- Other sensors that can help detect a submarine are infrared and electro-optic sensors, which are usually mounted on the nose of the aircraft and allow it to scan a narrow arc to the front.
- Performance and cost pressures placed on electro-optic systems will continue to increase as battlefield demands increase.
- Example sentences
- They may be regarded as weapons which are air launched and guided to their target through the use of laser, electro-optical sensors, global positioning systems, or inertial navigation systems.
- A 10 inch reflecting telescope provides common optics for infrared and electro-optical sensors.
- Multispectral scanner systems are passive, electro-optical sensors that collect and digitally record reflected and emitted electromagnetic energy.
Definition of electro-optics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan