Definition of electro-optics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of science that deals with the effect of electric fields on light and on the optical properties of substances.
- Israel also wants to increase cooperation with India in other areas, including agricultural biotechnology, lasers and electro-optics and information technology.
- Awarded annually, the Gold Medal of the Society recognizes outstanding engineering or scientific accomplishments in optics, electro-optics, or photographic technologies or applications.
- At 40 Gbps, electronics and electro-optics must work significantly faster than in today's 2.5 - Gbps and 10 - Gbps systems.
- electro-optic adjective
- Example sentences
- The electro-optic tracking device, a passive infra-red electro-optic sensor, is mounted on the top of the turret in a spherical housing and is controlled by an operator at a weapon control terminal.
- Other sensors that can help detect a submarine are infrared and electro-optic sensors, which are usually mounted on the nose of the aircraft and allow it to scan a narrow arc to the front.
- Performance and cost pressures placed on electro-optic systems will continue to increase as battlefield demands increase.
- electro-optical adjective
- Example sentences
- They may be regarded as weapons which are air launched and guided to their target through the use of laser, electro-optical sensors, global positioning systems, or inertial navigation systems.
- A 10 inch reflecting telescope provides common optics for infrared and electro-optical sensors.
- Multispectral scanner systems are passive, electro-optical sensors that collect and digitally record reflected and emitted electromagnetic energy.
Definition of electro-optics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.