Definition of electrocardiography in English:
The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and its recording as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- Chest radiography, electrocardiography, and cranial ultrasonography were normal.
- Other useful diagnostic tests include electrocardiography, chest radiography, complete blood count, clotting screen and determination of electrolyte and creatinine concentrations.
- An initial diagnostic workup including electrocardiography, chest radiography, transthoracic echocardiography, and measurement of troponins and D-dimer should help differentiate between the three diagnoses.
- Example sentences
- Neither group had any deaths, major neurological complications, or perioperative myocardial infarctions (based on electrocardiographic evidence only).
- Palpitations are often reported by patients in whom continuous ambulatory electrocardiographic recordings show no arrhythmias.
- All subjects in the control and amlodipine groups underwent a complete physical examination, electrocardiographic, biochemical and haematologic investigations.
Definition of electrocardiography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan