The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and its recording as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- Chest radiography, electrocardiography, and cranial ultrasonography were normal.
- Other useful diagnostic tests include electrocardiography, chest radiography, complete blood count, clotting screen and determination of electrolyte and creatinine concentrations.
- An initial diagnostic workup including electrocardiography, chest radiography, transthoracic echocardiography, and measurement of troponins and D-dimer should help differentiate between the three diagnoses.
- Example sentences
- Neither group had any deaths, major neurological complications, or perioperative myocardial infarctions (based on electrocardiographic evidence only).
- Palpitations are often reported by patients in whom continuous ambulatory electrocardiographic recordings show no arrhythmias.
- All subjects in the control and amlodipine groups underwent a complete physical examination, electrocardiographic, biochemical and haematologic investigations.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: elec¦tro|car¦di|og¦raphy
Definition of electrocardiography in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.