Definition of electrodynamics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
The branch of mechanics concerned with the interaction of electric currents with magnetic fields or with other electric currents.
- And it is strictly defined by continuity equation in both classical electrodynamics, and relativistic electrodynamics.
- His contribution is unifying important parts of classical mechanics and Maxwell's electrodynamics.
- In the early 20th century, it was realized that the stability of atomic matter could not be explained using the Maxwell equations of classical electrodynamics.
- Example sentences
- ‘In my opinion,’ he says, ‘there are lots of opportunities to engineer these quantum electrodynamic forces.’
- He worked constantly towards the goal of developing a theory of hydrodynamic phenomena which included Maxwell's electrodynamic theory.
- The method and apparatus includes at least one resonator placed in proximity to an electrodynamic profile and exciting within said resonator an alternating electromagnetic field.
Definition of electrodynamics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan