- Fish (a stretch of water) using electrocution or a weak electric field: (as noun electrofishing) electrofishing and netting showed a number of small bass in different sections of the lakeMore example sentences
- During the 1998-1999 surveys, fishes were collected using baited minnow traps, trap nets, gill nets, backpack electrofishing units, seines, and angling to avoid size- and species-selectivity.
- Areas upstream and downstream of the 400-m section were searched for marked fish with equal electrofishing effort (two passes with block nets).
- After all enclosures were positioned, they were electrofished using a backpack electroshocker to attempt to remove any fish that may not have escaped during positioning.
More definitions of electrofishDefinition of electrofish in:
- The US English dictionary