- A soft metal core made into a magnet by the passage of electric current through a coil surrounding it.More example sentences
- During braking, the metal wheels are exposed to a magnetic field from an electromagnet, generating eddy currents in the wheels.
- Magnets, either conventional electromagnets or superconducting magnets, are placed along the accelerator tube at regular intervals.
- The mass acted upon by the coil elements can be a permanent magnet or magnets, or electromagnets.
More definitions of electromagnetDefinition of electromagnet in:
- The US English dictionary