noun[mass noun] Physics
- A kind of radiation including visible light, radio waves, gamma rays, and X-rays, in which electric and magnetic fields vary simultaneously.More example sentences
- Gamma radiation is a form of electromagnetic radiation, just like radio waves and visible light, only much more energetic.
- Gamma rays are electromagnetic radiation originating in the atomic nuclei, physically identical to x-rays.
- Visible light is just a small part of a continuum of electromagnetic radiation that extends from radio waves to gamma rays.
More definitions of electromagnetic radiationDefinition of electromagnetic radiation in:
- The US English dictionary