noun[usually treated as singular]
- 1The branch of physics and technology concerned with the design of circuits using transistors and microchips, and with the behaviour and movement of electrons in a semiconductor, conductor, vacuum, or gas: electronics is seen as a growth industry [as modifier]: electronics engineersMore example sentences
- James achieved A grades in maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and electronics.
- Three electronics engineers were hired when the assembly line was purchased.
- Michael John Smith led an unremarkable life as an electronics engineer.
- 1.1 [treated as plural] Circuits or devices using transistors, microchips, and other components: the electronics have been incorporated inside a connectorMore example sentences
- In the run up to Christmas, the company stockpiled toys and electronics - so that it could meet demand.
- Indonesian workers are not yet familiar with computers and electronics.
- Even when it is manufacturable, there is still packaging work needed for the back-end electronics.
More definitions of electronicsDefinition of electronics in:
- The US English dictionary