- A unit of energy equal to the work done on an electron in accelerating it through a potential difference of one volt.More example sentences
- Its decay produces gamma rays with energies of a trillion electronvolts.
- At today's accelerators, for example the CERN LEP accelerator, the value has been measured as 1/128 rather than 1/137 at energies corresponding to approximately 100 billion electronvolts.
- It means that the energy of the source is of the order of a teraelectronvolt, that is, a trillion electronvolts.
More definitions of electronvoltDefinition of electronvolt in:
- The US English dictionary