- A device for repeatedly generating static electricity by induction.More example sentences
- Pancaldi tells us in detail the intriguing and difficult stories of the births of the electrophorus, the condenser, the electrometer and the battery.
- The electrophorus has historically been used as a charge dispensing device.
- An electrophorus consists of a flat insulator on which rests a removable metal plate.
late 18th century: from electro- + Greek -phoros 'bearing'.
More definitions of electrophorusDefinition of electrophorus in:
- The US English dictionary