noun[treated as singular] Physics
- The study of stationary electric charges or fields as opposed to electric currents.More example sentences
- Consideration of this effect is very important in electrostatics, when the electric field is changing on the same scales.
- Each energetic effect can be modeled mathematically, using fundamental knowledge of electrostatics and physical chemistry.
- One of the big discoveries of early classical physics was the similarity between the forces of gravity and electrostatics.
More definitions of electrostaticsDefinition of electrostatics in:
- The US English dictionary