- 1The quality of being graceful and stylish in appearance or manner: a slender woman with grace and eleganceMore example sentences
style, stylishness, grace, gracefulness, smoothness; taste, tastefulness, discernment, refinement, sophistication, dignity, distinction, propriety, poise, finesse; fashion, culture, beauty; charm, polish, suaveness, urbanity, panache, flair, dash; luxury, sumptuousness, opulence, grandeur, plushness, exquisiteness• informal swankiness• humorous couthdeftness, intelligence, inventiveness
- Next to him, Kitako is the picture of refined country elegance.
- You really have to see the spiral wheel turn to appreciate its elegance.
- The blond had a classic look to her, with German features, an elegance about her.
- 2The quality of being pleasingly ingenious and simple; neatness: the simplicity and elegance of the solutionMore example sentences
- In his hands highly analytical quantitative biology was streamlined to its essential elegance.
- Unlike many such packages, however, the elegance of the presentation in no way overshadows the poetry.
- Due to the elegance of the design, most things are immediately obvious.