- 1A primary school for the first six or eight grades.More example sentences
- Eight elementary schools, two high schools, and one middle school participated in this research study.
- In 6th grade the elementary schools merged into middle schools.
- Participants were children in seven elementary schools (grades primary through six) in Eastern Canada.
- 1.1British • historical A school where children were taught between the ages of five and thirteen.More example sentences
- From public schools to elementary schools, the history of the empire was still little taught, while for most young people Empire Day meant an extra holiday rather than a commitment to dominion over palm and pine.
- Two years earlier, grants for teaching music in elementary schools were introduced for the first time.
- When my kids were in elementary school 40 years ago they were taught to hide under desks in case of an atom bomb attack.
More definitions of elementary schoolDefinition of elementary school in:
- The US English dictionary