1North American A primary school for the first six or eight grades.
- Eight elementary schools, two high schools, and one middle school participated in this research study.
- In 6th grade the elementary schools merged into middle schools.
- Participants were children in seven elementary schools (grades primary through six) in Eastern Canada.
1.1British historical A school where children were taught between the ages of five and thirteen.
- From public schools to elementary schools, the history of the empire was still little taught, while for most young people Empire Day meant an extra holiday rather than a commitment to dominion over palm and pine.
- Two years earlier, grants for teaching music in elementary schools were introduced for the first time.
- When my kids were in elementary school 40 years ago they were taught to hide under desks in case of an atom bomb attack.
Definition of elementary school in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.