- A fish with a trunk-like snout or proboscis.
More example sentences
- ● a chimaera with a hook-like process on the snout (family Callorhinchidae and genus Callorhinchus). ● another term for elephant-snout fish
- The group is divided into two very different subclasses, which separated very early on: the Elasmobranchii (sharks, skates and rays) and the Holocephali (the chimaeras, such as the ratfish and elephant fish).
- Baleen whales, dolphins, including a long-snouted type, seals, penguins, petrels and other birds, a variety of sharks, elephant fish and many other kinds of fish have been spotted and bagged by Joseph.
- I added a hideous looking elephant fish to my species list.