nounBritish • informal
- A short break for light refreshments, usually with tea or coffee, taken at about eleven o’clock in the morning.More example sentences
- At eleven, a short woman carrying elevenses to the children interrupted classes, a meal consisting of a glass of milk and a shortbread biscuit.
- I thought I could see the dents on her forearms where she rested them on a table while addressing lunch dinner and elevenses.
- A nice fix at breakfast, one for elevenses, and another one at teatime, it was like breaks at the cricket, or something.
More definitions of elevensesDefinition of elevenses in:
- The US English dictionary