(also scarlet elf cup)
- A fungus of decaying wood, producing small groups of shallow short-stemmed cups with a scarlet interior, found in both Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Sarcoscypha coccinea, family Sarcosomataceae, subdivision Ascomycotina
- Peter James takes us on a tour through the enthralling world of scarlet elf cups, death caps and King Alfred's cakes.
- The scarlet elf cup, Sarcoscypha coccinea, is one of the most eye-catching edible fungi.
- From the photo it is pretty obvious that the cup fungus pictured is the Scarlet Cup.