- A tangled mass of hair.More example sentences
- It looked all brown and black: elf-locks bristled out from beneath a white band which passed under her chin, and came half over her cheeks or rather jaws; her eye confronted me at once, with a bold and direct gaze.
- Elflocks, according to fairy lore, would be considered the mischievous work of fairies which may be matted with mud and twisted to appear much like a traditional dreadlock.
- Shakespeare references such elflocks during Romeo and Juliet in Mercutio's speech of the many exploits of Queen Mab, where he seems to imply the locks are only unlucky if combed out.
More definitions of elf-locksDefinition of elf-locks in:
- The US English dictionary