- A coral with sturdy antler-like branches, found in shallow waters throughout the Caribbean.
More example sentences
- Acropora palmata, order Scleractinia
- Its victim is the elkhorn coral, an important Caribbean species that provides most of the reef structure in shallow water.
- The same disease had eliminated the elkhorn coral which should form a natural breakwater for Caribbean shores.
- Although later research showed it to be contagious, white pox appears to strike only one kind of coral - ‘the magnificent branching elkhorn coral,’ known as the ‘giant redwoods of the reef,’ said Porter.