Definition of elute in English:
verb[with object] Chemistry
Remove (an adsorbed substance) by washing with a solvent, especially in chromatography: these protein bands were eluted and used as immunogen
More example sentences
- After repeated washing captured proteins were eluted from the resin using 10 mM DTT.
- Bound material was then eluted with 0.2 M methyl mannoside in the same buffer.
- After extensive washing of the unbound protein with 40 mM imidazole, the GHS protein was eluted with 250 mM imidazole.
- Example sentences
- After separation by TLC and elution from the silica gel, ASG and SG were hydrolysed with 2 N methanolic HCl under reflux for 4 h at 100°C.
- These include the single cell gel electrophoresis assay, the gel electrophoresis assay, the alkaline elution and unwinding assays and the analysis of DNA adducts.
- The imidazole concentration at elution was 112 mM.
Definition of elute in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia