- 1Messages distributed by electronic means from one computer user to one or more recipients via a network: reading email has become the first task of the morning [count noun]: we received thousands of emailsMore example sentences
- I have received many, many emails from users looking for them and wanting to know if they are still available.
- It promises integrated search across desktop files, emails and shared network files.
- And the messages of support are still coming, in the form of letters, emails and texts.
- 1.1The system of sending messages by electronic means: a contract communicated by emailMore example sentences
- Now most work is accomplished via Internet meetings, video teleconferences, e-mail, and other electronic media.
- While a majority of aerospace companies have traditional IT systems, e-mail and a Web site, only a few have begun to address the issues associated with adopting Web-enabled ebusiness.
- Traut said though this is not the way the phones where designed to be used, sending pictures via e-mail is cheaper.
verb[with object] Back to top
- 1Send an email to (someone): you can email me at my normal address [no object]: call, fax, or email for a free demoMore example sentences
- Instead, he assured us that BTopenworld would start phoning and emailing those people this week to see if they are still interested in signing up.
- You can log any intrusion attempts and the modem can apparently even email you an alert.
- If a transaction comes up with an invalid response, the company has the choice of either not fulfilling the order or telephoning or e-mailing the user to ask him to submit an alternative form of payment.
- 1.1Send (a message) by email: employees can email the results backMore example sentences
- This means that you have tried calling the seller and his or her phone number doesn't work, or you have tried emailing a message to the seller and it comes back undeliverable.
- I am emailing this message to 500,000 defenders and other activists.
- You can start today by e-mailing a quick message to 5 friends about John McCain and his reform message.
- More example sentences
- And as for the prospect of typing in an e-mail using a touchscreen… even habitual e-mailers may find that off-putting.
- These are probably real addresses, but most who use this technique are spam e-mailers who want to mask the full URL.
- Surreptitious e-mailers sending spam anonymously will likely ignore the requirement.
1980s: abbreviation of electronic mail.