Causing embarrassment: an embarrassing muddle
More example sentences
- And were they to say no, it could all prove very embarrassing for Tony.
- It was becoming increasingly embarrassing for Cork at this stage and a total collapse was on the cards.
- I imagine it is very embarrassing for them to be found out for being so secretive.
upsetting, disconcerting, discomfiting, discomposing, confusing, flustering, agitating, discountenancing, distressing;
discreditable, dishonouring, disgraceful
awkward, uncomfortable, difficult, tricky, delicate, sensitive, problematic, troublesome, thorny, knotty, vexatious, ticklish;
British informal dodgy
- [as submodifier]: a performance containing many embarrassingly bad momentsMore example sentences
- Thinking back, most have been laughable or just embarrassingly bad.
- It is, at once, the most brilliant and embarrassingly bad movie I have ever seen.
- Sadly, most of the essay is given over to arguments that are embarrassingly bad.