verb[with object] • formal
- Serve as a symbol of (a quality or concept): the poet sees her lover in terms that emblematize both beauty and poetic skillMore example sentences
- The prison cell thus becomes an appropriate symbol of Jesus's nihilistic perspective, a space which emblematizes Jesus's complete negation of the society that has sought to destroy and negate him.
- He distinguishes three phases, designating them after the programmatic conceit which serves in each case to emblematize the unity of purpose conjoining the individuals depicted.
- However, this image is rather like the shoe-stand carved out of the rubble: it emblematizes something not meant to last.
More definitions of emblematizeDefinition of emblematize in:
- The US English dictionary