noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The artificial or natural formation or development of an embolus.More example sentences
- The use of a peripherally inserted central catheter is occasionally complicated by intravascular fracture and central embolization of the catheter fragment.
- Patients with menorrhagia or postmenopausal bleeding secondary to uterine myomas and without contraindications to angiography and embolization were considered for participation in the study.
- Pre-operative angiography and embolisation was carried out.
More definitions of embolizationDefinition of embolization in:
- The US English dictionary