(also emocore ˈiːməʊkɔː)
Definition of emo in English:
noun (plural emos)[mass noun]
1A style of rock music resembling punk but having more complex arrangements and lyrics that deal with more emotional subjects.
- While the lyrics are kind of abstract and emotional the way emo is, this is a pure indie CD.
- We weren't a bedroom pop outfit by any stretch; back then we played dour, emotionally apoplexed emocore.
- Their music has been categorized as punk emo, and even pop.
1.1 [count noun] An admirer of emo music or a member of the subculture associated with it: I’m not one of those emos who are always crying—I just want to make that clear
More example sentences
- Katy's boyfriend was there too, he was sort of an emo - but he was really awesome at skateboarding and stuff apparently.
- Being an Emo, for instance, is a great way to avoid the hard questions of who are you and what have you done?
- Amid the furore, little has been heard from the emos themselves.
adjectiveBack to top
1990s: short for emotional hardcore.
Words that rhyme with emoprimo, supremo
Definition of emo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.