nounchiefly US • informal
- An important or wealthy man regarded as lacking substance, personality, or ability: they’re a bunch of Ivy League empty suitsMore example sentences
- Hidden beneath enormous pinstripes, he seemed like the sartorial embodiment of a political hack - literally, an empty suit.
- I wasn't born into the corporation like some of the empty suits.
- Maybe the empty suits mismanaging the Corporation will even be fired.
More definitions of empty suitDefinition of empty suit in:
- The US English dictionary