Definition of empyrean in English:
Of or relating to heaven: figurative the empyrean dictates of critical reasoning the third or empyrean heaven
More example sentences
- Not only did the band's name prefigure the attacks, but so did the album's elegiac art work of angels tracing empyrean paths to a fiery orange heaven.
- Electronics and haunting effects bring an empyrean stillness to the album's middle third.
- But, not a drop of empyrean manna falls on my parched lips to assuage the thirst of aeons.
noun(the empyrean) Back to top
1The highest part of heaven, thought by the ancients to be the realm of pure fire: the unapproachable splendour of the empyrean
More example sentences
- Someday it may even be possible for the soul of a skeptical scientist to orbit into the empyrean, carrying his karma with him, looking for a suitable body to be born into!
- The Pro Arte Quartet (plus cellist Anthony Pini) contributes a C-major Quintet whose first two movements ensure the work's place in the empyrean.
- Mark Antony well knew the mischief he aimed at, and sensed that his and Octavius's moment had come; all they needed to do was to mount Caesar's ghost and they would ride to the empyrean.
- Example sentences
- Within that empyreal realm, the new Senior Vice Provost for Diversity and Faculty Development will occupy a ‘singular and permanent position,’ dictates the task force.
- Yet according to Mormon doctrine, families are awarded with empyreal togetherness only if every member ‘behaves.’
- Behind him, he knew, the empyreal capital endured, the snowy grounds around it merely accentuating its transcendental, yet solitary, existence.
Pronunciation: /ˌɛmpʌɪˈriːəl, -pɪ-, ɛmˈpɪrɪəl/adjective
Words that rhyme with empyreanActaeon, Aegean, aeon (US eon), Augean, Behan, Cadmean, Caribbean, Carolean, Chaldean, Cyclopean, epicurean, European, Fijian, Galilean, Hasmonean, Hebridean, Herculean, Ian, Jacobean, Kampuchean, Laodicean, lien, Linnaean (US Linnean), Maccabean, Mandaean (US Mandean), Medicean, monogenean, Nabataean (US Nabatean), Orphean, paean, paeon, pean, peon, Periclean, piscean, plebeian, Pyrenean, Pythagorean, Sabaean, Sadducean, Sisyphean, skean, Tanzanian, Tennesseean, Terpsichorean, theodicean, Tyrolean
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan