- Not only did the band's name prefigure the attacks, but so did the album's elegiac art work of angels tracing empyrean paths to a fiery orange heaven.
- Electronics and haunting effects bring an empyrean stillness to the album's middle third.
- But, not a drop of empyrean manna falls on my parched lips to assuage the thirst of aeons.
- Someday it may even be possible for the soul of a skeptical scientist to orbit into the empyrean, carrying his karma with him, looking for a suitable body to be born into!
- The Pro Arte Quartet (plus cellist Anthony Pini) contributes a C-major Quintet whose first two movements ensure the work's place in the empyrean.
- Mark Antony well knew the mischief he aimed at, and sensed that his and Octavius's moment had come; all they needed to do was to mount Caesar's ghost and they would ride to the empyrean.
- Example sentences
- Within that empyreal realm, the new Senior Vice Provost for Diversity and Faculty Development will occupy a ‘singular and permanent position,’ dictates the task force.
- Yet according to Mormon doctrine, families are awarded with empyreal togetherness only if every member ‘behaves.’
- Behind him, he knew, the empyreal capital endured, the snowy grounds around it merely accentuating its transcendental, yet solitary, existence.
Late Middle English (as an adjective): via medieval Latin from Greek empurios, from en- 'in' + pur 'fire'. The noun dates from the mid 17th century.
Words that rhyme with empyreanActaeon, Aegean, aeon (US eon), Augean, Behan, Cadmean, Caribbean, Carolean, Chaldean, Cyclopean, epicurean, European, Fijian, Galilean, Hasmonean, Hebridean, Herculean, Ian, Jacobean, Kampuchean, Laodicean, lien, Linnaean (US Linnean), Maccabean, Mandaean (US Mandean), Medicean, monogenean, Nabataean (US Nabatean), Orphean, paean, paeon, pean, peon, Periclean, piscean, plebeian, Pyrenean, Pythagorean, Sabaean, Sadducean, Sisyphean, skean, Tanzanian, Tennesseean, Terpsichorean, theodicean, Tyrolean
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: em|pyr¦ean
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.