- A statute empowering a person or body to take certain action, especially to make regulations, rules, or orders.More example sentences
- The original enabling act required leases to conduct commerce but none of these early entrepreneurs possessed such leases.
- So, why not just bring in an enabling act and give him the powers of a dictator?
- Anti-wolf groups drew attention to Yellowstone's enabling act, highlighting the preserve as a public recreation area rather than a refuge for ‘dangerous’ beasts.
More definitions of enabling actDefinition of enabling act in:
- The US English dictionary