verb[with object] • literary
- Confine in or as in a cage: two little canary birds were encaged in her windowMore example sentences
- His round hairless face encages an assortment of features that prowl across the surface, searching for means of escape.
- The woman, like her alienated and encaged heart, is restricted.
- I thought surely that now I am eighteen you would let me make my own decisions, but no you encaged me even more, if that is possible.
More definitions of encageDefinition of encage in:
- The US English dictionary