- Settle in or establish a camp: we encamped for the night by a riverMore example sentences
- James's army, encamped near the Boyne river, was further reinforced by additional French contingents.
- It may have been simply fortuitous that they had encamped near the Korisa military camp.
- Standing on top of the battlements of the besieged city of Cardwell, Raven carefully took stock of the enemy armies encamped outside the stout Roman walls that had kept the besiegers at bay for almost a year.
More definitions of encampDefinition of encamp in:
- The US English dictionary