Inflammation of the brain, caused by infection or an allergic reaction.
More example sentences
- Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.
- West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain infection.
- Meningitis and encephalitis are infections of the brain and spinal cord usually caused by bacteria or viruses.
- More example sentences
- Acyclovir seems to be the most promising treatment, since it has shown effectiveness in mucocutaneous, genital, and encephalitic HSV infections.
- Therefore, rabies patients, particularly the encephalitic type, should be isolated, sedated and allowed to die as peacefully as possible.
- Though the WNV encephalitis in horses is rare, a considerable mortality rate is reported in the case of encephalitic horses.
Definition of encephalitis in:
- The US English dictionary