noun (plural pronunc. same)Ballet
- A linked sequence of steps or movements constituting a phrase.More example sentences
- He is credited with introducing greater use of ballon, precision batterie, and a variety of virtuoso pirouettes, and it is said that he never repeated an enchaînement, so inventive was he as a teacher.
- Every position, from a simple demi-plié to the most complex enchaînement or batterie combination, places exacting, apparently unreal demands on the body.
- Bournonville enchaînements don't finish with a self-satisfied, applause-inducing sense of consolidation.
mid 19th century: French, 'chaining together'.
More definitions of enchaînementDefinition of enchaînement in:
- The US English dictionary