- 1A woman who uses magic to put someone or something under a spell.More example sentences
- There were four ranks a person could be - witch or wizard, mage, enchanter or enchantress, and sorcerer or sorceress.
- Enchanters and enchantresses are people who possess sorcery, witchcraft, and either white or black magic.
- The title of the opera comes about because the comely and charming Nastasya is considered to be an enchantress, to have magic powers to enchant men.
- 1.1A woman who is captivatingly attractive.More example sentences
- English enchantress Beth Orton may have been the odd man out on the bill yet her gentle folk and sweet charm seemed to warm a crowd clearly unfamiliar with her material.
- She's a raconteur, an enchantress and a dreamer.
late Middle English: from Old French enchanteresse, from enchanter (see enchant).