- 1Intrusion on a person’s territory, rights, etc.: minor encroachments on our individual libertiesMore example sentences
- His 30-yard free kick flew over the bar but the referee ordered the kick to be retaken for encroachment and moved the ball 10 yards forward.
- 1.1A gradual advance beyond usual or acceptable limits: urban encroachment of habitatMore example sentences
- The results were derived from a 3.5 year observational study of median encroachments.
- The pattern of tree encroachment was very different from the gradual encroachment identified in Transect B.
- The paddy fields in Kerala have to be protected from human encroachment.