- A book or set of books giving information on many subjects or on many aspects of one subject and typically arranged alphabetically.More example sentences
- If you are unable to find a biography, check an encyclopedia or reference book at your library.
- Some of my favorite books are old, gorgeously illustrated encyclopedias and atlases.
- The wooden headboard held many books including, the Bible, a dictionary, encyclopedias, books, songs, and poems she had written.
mid 16th century: modern Latin, from pseudo-Greek enkuklopaideia for enkuklios paideia 'all-round education'.
More definitions of encyclopediaDefinition of encyclopedia in:
- The US English dictionary