- (Of verse) having a pause at the end of each line.More example sentences
- Some poems play frequently enjambed lines against end-stopped stanzas; others build up successively stronger enjambments in order to emphasise one big stop.
- Thus, the elastic sentence of the Dead Man poems offers plenty of variety even though every line is end-stopped.
- Even when they employ new or traditional auditory forms, they often tone down the musical effects by deliberately flattening the rhythms, avoiding end-stopped lines, and eliminating noticeable alliteration or assonance.
More definitions of end-stoppedDefinition of end-stopped in:
- The US English dictionary