noun[mass noun] Medicine
Inflammation of the endocardium.
- Infection in this population often results in central nervous system involvement and septicemia, but may include pneumonia and endocarditis.
- Identification of the organism and treatment will prevent progression to meningitis, endocarditis or other complications.
- People with some types of heart defects are at greater risk of developing bacterial endocarditis.
- Example sentences
- Thats incredibly unsmart, due to the proximity to the heart, you could very easily get an endocarditic infection.
- One patient developed an endocarditic infection and died.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: endo|car¦di¦tis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.