A parasite, such as a tapeworm, that lives inside its host. Compare with ectoparasite.
- All of the 5000 or so known species of tapeworms are endoparasites.
- She confirmed that endoparasites and ectoparasites also attack and reduce sheep production.
- However, they are endoparasites, spending most of their lives inside the roots.
- Example sentences
- It embraces some 300 described members which are exclusively endoparasitic to insects and other organisms.
- The only indication of endoparasitic infection in the present study was the eggs of an unknown species recovered from the intestinal tract.
- Another factor inhibiting the finch is a high level of infection by an endoparasitic mite which affects its respiratory system.
Definition of endoparasite in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.