- Any of a group of hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system and having a number of physiological functions. They are peptides which activate the body’s opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect.More example sentences
- Doing so will help your body produce endorphins, feel-good brain chemicals that can counter feelings of stress.
- Physical activity is known to influence the physiological production of endorphins in the brain that also elevate mood.
- It is well established that exercise improves mood, thanks to the powerful effect of chemical endorphins on the brain.
More definitions of endorphinDefinition of endorphin in:
- The US English dictionary