(US & Law also indorsement)
- 1 [mass noun] The action of endorsing someone or something: the issue of full independence received overwhelming endorsement cheques requiring endorsement [count noun]: the package was regarded as an endorsement of the government’s reform programme the entertainer made millions from Pepsi endorsementsMore example sentences
support, backing, approval, seal of approval, agreement, acceptance, recommendation, advocacy, championship, patronage; affirmation, confirmation, authorization, authentication, ratification, sanction, warrant, validation, licence; rubber stamp• informal the nod, the thumbs up, the OKcountersigning, signing on the back, autographing, initialling, inscribing, superscribing; witnessing, validation• archaic underwriting
- It has received the overwhelming endorsement of the entire US political and media establishment, liberal and conservative alike.
- An indorsement is not always required to negotiate a bill.
- And while the paper's editor had apparently been minded to remain neutral, pressure was brought to bear from London that a front page endorsement was required, and nothing less.
- 2(In the UK) a note on a driving licence recording the penalty points incurred for a driving offence.More example sentences
- And it will not reconsider any penalties or driving licence endorsements already imposed
- This year the Department for Transport is expected to toughen the sentence to make the offence subject to an endorsement of three penalty points and a 60 pounds sterling fixed penalty.
- He said he had three endorsements on his driving licence for speeding in 1993, 1997 and 1998 for which he received a fixed-penalty fine.
- 3A clause in an insurance policy detailing an exemption from or change in cover.More example sentences
- Request additional insured endorsements and certificates of insurance from all independent contractors who conduct programs in your name, or come on your premises.
- Often these changes are done through endorsements to the insurance contract.
- This endorsement extends the liability insurance in your business automobile policy to individual employees who rent a vehicle in their own names while on your business.