noun[mass noun] Botany
- The part of a seed which acts as a food store for the developing plant embryo, usually containing starch with protein and other nutrients.More example sentences
- Thus the three seed components, embryo, endosperm and seed coat, are genetically distinct.
- Tobacco seeds accumulate oil and protein in the embryo, cellular endosperm and inner layer of the seed coat.
- Soluble proteins from endosperm and leaf tissues were used.
More definitions of endospermDefinition of endosperm in:
- The US English dictionary