- The rally will be a real test of endurance, stamina and navigational skills.
- For a man like him, Antarctica represents the ultimate endurance test.
- A Swindon doctor and marathon runner looks set to finish the ultimate endurance test in the Sahara Desert.
- The commonly traveled path to improved cardiovascular function and increased muscular endurance is continuous, submaximal, steady state training.
- And to the greatest race of all time, were the endurance of the machine is as important as the skill of the driver.
- We're still improving a lot but we have a long way to go with the endurance of the tyre.
Late 15th century (in the sense 'continued existence, ability to last'; formerly also as indurance): from Old French, from endurer 'make hard' (see endure).
Words that rhyme with enduranceassurance, durance, insurance
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: en|dur¦ance
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.