Definition of enduring in English:
Lasting over a period of time; durable: he formed a number of enduring relationships with women
More example sentences
- Even if her previous style may prove more enduring, these raw paintings will find many enthusiasts.
- Even with today's high divorce rates, marital relationships are also more enduring, which makes our investment in them all the wiser.
- There clearly are some issues that cannot be adequately covered by the enduring power of attorney legislation currently provided in law.
- Example sentences
- More importantly, and enduringly, perhaps, her stories and novels occupy a special place in the hearts of many readers across the globe.
- Few films, however, have proved as enduring or as enduringly cherished as these four classic tales.
- Critically lauded and enduringly popular, this reconfiguration of Romeo and Juliet among the street gangs of New York was one of the biggest musical blockbusters in Hollywood history.
Pronunciation: /ɪnˈdjʊərɪŋli/ /ɛnˈdjʊərɪŋli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan