- A soft drink containing a high percentage of sugar, caffeine, or another stimulant, typically consumed during or after sporting activity or as a way of overcoming tiredness.More example sentences
- Taurine (usually 1g) is added to many popular energy drinks.
- Advertising, too, has targeted the stereotypes to sell everything from energy drinks to banking services.
- The research by a team of Brazilian scientists followed a study into the effects of energy drinks among a group of 136 nightclub revellers.
More definitions of energy drinkDefinition of energy drink in:
- The US English dictionary