- Charming and attractive: an engaging smileMore example sentences
charming, appealing, attractive, pretty, delightful, lovely, pleasing, pleasant, agreeable, likeable, lovable, sweet, winning, winsome, fetching, dazzling, arresting, captivating, enchanting, bewitching, alluring, irresistible, dreamy, heavenly, divine, gorgeous; Scottish & Northern English bonnyBritish • informal smashing• dated taking
- He must have been a very engaging speaker, a charming man.
- Never did she fail to warmly greet people with her engaging smile and lively chat.
- His engaging personality, pretty face and impressive physique make him the envy of all the other models.
- More example sentences
- I believe that my long-standing fondness for Waugh's novels is rooted in his skill in writing so engagingly about men who find themselves on their own and, somehow, out of place.
- Green and fertile with magnificent valleys, dramatic mountainous terrain, and a rich cultural history, the island is engagingly picturesque.
- That feeling that I've discerned something about what's happening in the world and successfully and engagingly written about it.