- This is important to the engineers who design and build products, because it gives them a tool to determine what the future costs will be.
- This guy is an engineer who designs and builds humanoid robots that are capable of standing and walking on their own, not just some guy who tinkers in his garage.
- In the early days of television, the engineers who designed and built TV picture tubes faced technical problems that caused them to make some compromises.
- Basso is qualified as an aeronautical engineer, having worked in the United States for NASA near Washington.
- Richie Hindle is a professional software engineer in the UK.
- He is a registered professional engineer in New Hampshire.
- New rules on alcohol have brought air traffic controllers and aircraft engineers into line with pilots although it remains up to individual employers how levels are checked.
- Each of the frigate's flights consists of two pilots, an observer and an aircrewman, plus nine engineers and an aircraft controller.
- Rocket and aircraft engineers have been testing their hardware in computer loop simulations for years.
- This is because a Restricting signal may require that the engineer stop his train for an obstruction shortly beyond the home signal.
- New signs have been installed along the tracks, alerting train engineers to the distance remaining to the railroad crossings in the center of town as they approach the city limits.
- He says that when train engineers blow their horns through town it is blatant harassment.
- He is credited as the engineer of this merger, which has created the world's biggest global financial services organization.
- He was the engineer of this change.
- The social engineers in charge of government policy seem to think so.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Design professionals can contribute to the conservation of materials by designing and engineering structures so they can be more easily taken apart in the future.
- The extended version is designed, engineered and built by the same company.
- Similarly, the Ford Territory is designed, engineered and built in Melbourne.
- Many plants and animals are engineered to express human genetic information.
- In order to get patents, it has to be proved that genetically engineered species are completely new, novel, and alien organisms.
- Genetically engineered plants are now grown on more than 100,000 acres.
- Grant, who worked as a director with United Biscuits before engineering a management buy-out of Mackay's in 1995, is clear about what he is doing.
- Brenda hadn't ceased to plot, plan and engineer his defeat, regardless if he was the only capable negotiator dedicated to the union's position.
- That has produced a consensus view that China was successfully engineering a managed slowdown.
Middle English (denoting a designer and constructor of fortifications and weapons; formerly also as ingineer): in early use from Old French engigneor, from medieval Latin ingeniator, from ingeniare 'contrive, devise', from Latin ingenium (see engine); in later use from French ingénieur or Italian ingegnere, also based on Latin ingenium, with the ending influenced by -eer.