- 1The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.More example sentences
- The live interaction with the crew can help students envision career possibilities resulting from studying science, technology, engineering and math.
- That is a challenge, but like I said, the reasons for studying physics or any branch of science or engineering are somewhat deeper than just the immediate starting salaries of your first job.
- The key thrust will be to stimulate learner interest to follow careers in science, engineering and technology.
- 1.1A field of study or activity concerned with modification or development in a particular area: software engineeringMore example sentences
- These examples illustrate the potential of just two small areas of research in the rapidly developing field of small-scale engineering.
- This would also be the company's global customer support centre for software engineering and development.
- He designed the company network and acts as a mentor for software development and manufacturing engineering.
- 2The action of working artfully to bring something about: if not for his shrewd engineering, the election would have been lostMore example sentences
- Crackers frequently use social engineering in addition to a computer to attack large corporations.
- A few days later, Young did the engineering, and they sent the URL to their friends.
- Indeed, his engineering has been measured, deliberate and substantial.
More definitions of engineeringDefinition of engineering in:
- The US English dictionary