Definition of engraft in English:
Another term for graft1.
- The clergy, by getting themselves established by law, & ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man.
- These cells were separated from other cells and then engrafted into mouse kidneys.
- In a successful transplant the new bone marrow migrates to the cavities of the large bones, engrafts and begins producing normal blood cells.
- Example sentences
- The early classification encompasses complications that occur during the first 30 days post-transplant, including the period before engraftment of the stem cells.
- Barker doesn't know why one transplant wins out over the other, but the mere presence of the losing transplant seems to facilitate engraftment of the winner, she says.
- And it could also explain why identical twins aren't truly identical; they may have very different patterns of cell engraftment as they go through life.
Definition of engraft in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan