Definition of enhancer in English:
1A person or thing that enhances something: a sweetener and flavour enhancer
More example sentences
- That only leaves the readily available cognitive enhancers caffeine and nicotine.
- For growers of fruit, cereals and vegetables this provides new market opportunities, but they will have to be able to guarantee good crop yields without the phosphate-based growth enhancers used currently.
- Because of their caffeine content, coffee, tea and cocoa were used as awareness enhancers in some older religions.
1.1 Genetics A DNA sequence that increases the level of transcription of a gene that is located nearby on the same chromosome.
- Both mutations are caused by the presence of the gypsy insulator between the enhancer and promoter sequences of the cut and yellow genes.
- Hence, selective events occurring in one region of the genome would be facilitated if there were an enhancer of recombination nearby.
Definition of enhancer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan