(also enoki mushroom)
- An edible Japanese mushroom, growing in clusters, with slender stems and small caps.
More example sentences
- Flammulina velutipes, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- For the enoki mushrooms: Separate the mushrooms into eight small bundles.
- The base of the soup is a simple combination of oriental flavours; enoki mushrooms, spring onions and spring greens.
- Arrange pork belly, crab and enoki mushrooms and garnish with membrillo.
1980s: from Japanese enoki-take, from enoki 'nettle tree' + take 'mushroom'.
More definitions of enokiDefinition of enoki in:
- The US English dictionary