Very large in size, quantity, or extent: enormous sums of money the possibilities are enormous
More example sentences
- Children have been able to get a real feel for the enormous size of some of the creatures that live in the sea.
- It is costing an enormous amount of money to clean it up, which could be used on other things.
- We did manage to get an enormous amount of work done.
boundless, immeasurable, limitless, infinite, cosmic, gigantic, very big, very large, great, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, immense, tremendous, mighty, stupendous, monumental, epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Herculean, Brobdingnagian, substantial;
hefty, bulky, weighty, heavy, gross
informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking, bumper, astronomical, astronomic
- More example sentences
- The shark battled for 40 minutes before the angler saw its enormousness.
- I'm Margaret… thinking, like you, about the enormousness of the task…
- She hadn't realized the enormousness of her responsibility.