- Very large in size, quantity, or extent: enormous sums of money the possibilities are enormousMore example sentences
huge, vast, extensive, expansive, broad, wide; boundless, immeasurable, limitless, infinite, cosmic, gigantic, very big, very large, great, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, immense, tremendous, mighty, stupendous, monumental, epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Herculean, Brobdingnagian, substantial; hefty, bulky, weighty, heavy, gross• informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking, bumper, astronomical, astronomic
- Children have been able to get a real feel for the enormous size of some of the creatures that live in the sea.
- It is costing an enormous amount of money to clean it up, which could be used on other things.
- We did manage to get an enormous amount of work done.
- More example sentences
- The shark battled for 40 minutes before the angler saw its enormousness.
- I'm Margaret… thinking, like you, about the enormousness of the task…
- She hadn't realized the enormousness of her responsibility.